Director of HR (FULL TIME) - BUFFALO, WY
Job Purpose: The Director of Human Resources (HR) is responsible for the overall employee experience—the culture—at the Bank in support of revenue growth, client retention, and employee engagement. The Director of HR will ensure that what makes the Bank great today, remains as we grow and move into new markets. The FNB experience extends to everyone that interacts with the Bank, from employees, customers and business partners to local government, businesses, and the people in the communities we serve.
This position is a member of the Bank’s leadership team and participates in strategic planning sessions to assist in creating and implementing the Bank’s vision and strategic objectives. The Director of HR assists in developing and implementing plans to build towards the Bank’s vision while carrying out the mission of the company each day.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the Banks’ human resources initiatives and team.
- Promote the “FNB experience” throughout the Bank by developing a culture built off of our values by providing opportunities for employees to get involved in the community as well as internal team building initiatives.
- Ensure the employee experience is consistent throughout recruitment, onboarding, training and development, performance management, and all other areas of employment.
- Oversee and backup all HR administration duties such as:
- Payroll administration and processing (work with third-party provider)
- Onboarding new employees (process criminal background checks, employment verification requests, coordinate aptitude testing, prepare job offers and confidentiality agreements, new hire orientation and documentation).
- Annual Benefits and 401K Enrollment (work with carriers).
- Annual End of Year activities.
- Other ongoing or as needed responsibilities (OSHA, Workers Comp, Unemployment determinations, EEOC Reporting, FMLA tracking, COBRA payments, etc.)
- Ensure all employee records are kept electronically in a secured network.
- Develop compensation and benefit, performance management, and employee development plans that will support employee engagement and retention.
- Oversee all employee benefits and ensure the Bank offers competitive benefits package.
- Oversee the development of all HR Policies and ensure the Bank stays on top of all HR related regulations. Ensure the Employee Manual is updated and Board-approved annually.
- Oversee the Performance Review Process and ensure all performance reviews are done annually.
- Ensure all employees’ Job Descriptions are updated at least annually. Develop new Job Descriptions for new positions as the Bank continues to grow.
- Develop and oversee (once established) a formal Talent Management Program to include:
- Employee Development Plans—both by establishing a career path to keep employees engaged and by providing training opportunities for personal development.
- Formalize the Education and Training Program for all areas of the Bank.
- Establish a formal or informal Mentoring Program.
- Establish a pipeline of potential new employees for the Bank.
- Establish a Succession Plan for all key positions of the Bank and update at least annually. Cross-train were necessary to ensure all key positions have backup.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Bank policies and applicable employment laws.
- Mentor and coach direct reports as they work to achieve performance goals in their respective departments.
- Regularly review job performance of direct reports and assist in the review of department employees to ensure expectations are met, efficiencies are identified, and all necessary employee development is recognized.
Leadership Team Responsibilities:
- Serve as a member of the leadership team.
- Assist the President and executive management in achieving the Bank’s strategic goals, demonstrating ownership and support for the Bank’s strategic plan.
- Model leadership and professionalism, ensuring communication and teamwork between departments and offices to create a better bank.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the banking industry and general economic trends, recommending and assisting with policy changes as necessary.
- Knowledgeable of HR laws, bank policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Attend training on other required bank/job related topics.
- Member of the Risk Management Committee.
- Continued education on HR laws.
- Participate in annual Strategic Planning sessions.
- Education: A four-year college degree business management or equivalent work experience. HR Certifications a plus.
- Experience: minimum of 5 years’ experience in Human Resources
- Able to lead a team and manage team successfully
- Detail oriented
- Candidate must be a people person
- Candidate must act professionally at all times
- Able to handle confidential information
- Proficient at Microsoft Suite of products (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams, and Excel)
- Computer savvy: able to learn new software quickly
- Self-motivated and persistent in following through
- An independent, quick learner
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Problem solver
- Independent decision maker within authority limits
Works directly with the President & CEO of the Bank as well as the executive management and department managers. Works with all employees of the bank and third-party HR vendor providers.
KEY PERFORMANCE COMPETENCIES:
Core Values: Conform to the Bank’s core top five values which are:
- Family Focused
- Community Driven
- Exceptional Customer Service
Customer Service: Shows commitment to providing above average and excellent customer service to external and internal customers. Adheres to service expectations as defined in the Bank’s Manual. Establishes and maintains strong customer relationships. Always conducts business relationships in a manner that enhances the Bank’s Mission and Vision Statements.
Teamwork: Develops and maintains positive working relationships; listens effectively and asks for clarification when needed. Actively pursues objectives and works with others to achieve bank goals. Shows respect and responsiveness. Follows and respects the attendance and punctuality guidelines that are stated in the employee manual.
Results Orientation: Plans, organizes, and uses time, technology, and resources efficiently. Works on highest priority tasks first. Demonstrates ability to shift priorities and reorganize efforts as circumstances change. Always works at a high level that will allow for the achievement of the company, the department and/or individual goals.
Competence: Demonstrates knowledge and skills required for the position. Handles job accountabilities within policy, procedure, and in compliance to applicable rules and regulations. Shows continued commitment to developing skills. Has the ability to multi task. Is accountable and takes ownership when problems arise, solutions are needed, or changes are necessary.
Professionalism: Provides a professional experience for internal and external customers by demonstrating professional service, appearance, knowledge and communication. Upholds confidentiality of customer records at all times.
*The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Normal office environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to type, carry, handle and feel objects; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and more with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Occasionally exposed to upset customers (internal employees) when performing normal activities and other HR related duties.
This document is intended to describe the general content and performance requirements of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements and does not imply a contract.
To apply for this position, please submit resume by email to Thomas Holt – President / CEO email@example.com.
First Northern Bank of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender, identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.