Job Purpose: The Financial Services Assistant is responsible for managing the administration of client relationships in the Investment Advisory department of the Bank. Responsibilities include greeting visitors, answering phone inquiries, complete daily transactions, maintaining client records and other administrative duties on a daily, weekly, monthly, and annual basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Customer related duties:
- Greet visitors and direct them in the appropriate direction.
- Answer and respond to telephone calls, emails, or faxes from customers and provide any documentation or information as requested.
- Process, monitor and maintain any records of all daily (incoming/outgoing/internal) transactions.
- Notify supervisor of transactions once completed.
- Keep records of any physical checks mailed out for deposit.
- Maintain customer records and files.
- Make any calls to clients as needed.
- Send out statements or reports to clients.
- Keep detailed notes for all customers, follow up as needed.
- Check for system notifications and follow up as needed.
- File, photocopy, and upload documents to the appropriate folders.
- Schedule appointments for supervisor.
- Sort incoming mail and mail out documents.
- Keep office in compliance with current regulations. Submit and update items for compliance review.
- Make any calculations as needed.
- Keep up to date list of tasks to follow up on for supervisor.
- Log and dispose of check deposits.
- Print out accounts with negative cash.
- Write out and mail out birthday postcards.
- Generate monthly and yearly reports.
- Log and document any complaints.
- Knowledgeable of bank policies, procedures, and regulations
- Attend training on other bank/job related topics.
- Some knowledge of the bank’s CRM system and Investment Advisory system
- Education: A high school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: Minimum of two years in banking or related field. Experience in financial services or similar industry preferred.
- Detail oriented
- Candidate must be a people person
- Candidate must act professionally at all times
- Able to handle confidential information
- Proficient at Microsoft Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Computer savvy: able to learn new software quickly
- Self-motivated and persistent in following through
- An independent, quick learner
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Problem solver
- Independent decision maker within authority limits
Works directly with Investment Advisors and clients. Works indirectly with other employees of the bank.
Conform to the Bank’s core values which are:
- Exceptional Customer Service- Everyone matters, always.
- Family Driven- Ours, yours, we put family first.
- Community Focused- Our communities are the backbone of our business.
- Communication- Open, clear, and honest communication is key.
- Teamwork- Individuals working together to achieve a common goal
Decision Making Responsibilities:
- Wire Transfer Authority Limit: N/A
- Overdraft Approval Limit: N/A
- ACH Approval Limit: N/A
- Credit Approval: N/A
- Budget Approval Limit: N/A
- Normal office environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to type, carry, handle, and feel objects; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and more with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally exposed to upset customers when performing normal activities and other banking services.
*The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This document is intended to describe the general content and performance requirements of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements and does not imply a contract.
To apply for this position, please submit resume by email to Kevin Bettinger– LPL, Financial Advisor @ firstname.lastname@example.org
First Northern Bank of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender, identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.