Human Resources Generalist (FULL TIME) - BUFFALO, WY
Job Purpose: The purpose of the Human Resources Generalist is to assist in the management of the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources department of the Bank, as well as the administration of the human resources policies, procedures, and programs. The HR department generally handles employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, organizational development, and employment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Human Resources Generalist will assist in the administration of the following:
- Develop, update, implement, and administer bank wide HR policies and programs. Oversee the annual update to Employee Manual, review and approve before distributing to the staff. Ensure all employees acknowledge receiving the Employee Manual annually.
- Manages the bank’s recruitment, employment, and onboarding process to ensure the bank complies with all Labor laws. Ensure compliance to wage and hour, timecards management, and Payroll.
- Develops Job Descriptions for new positions and posts open positions internally and externally. Handles internal applicants, coordinates interviews with hiring manager, and sits in interviews as appropriate.
- Coordinates New Employee Orientation.
- Oversee the annual benefits enrollment process, identify new benefits, research, and implement, and work with insurance agent on annual renewal.
- Review and approve the payroll processing and benefits administration function (Health, Life, Eye, Dental insurance, vacation and sick leave, ESOP, and Profit Sharing).
- Coordinate all performance improvement plans as necessary. Meet with employees when difficult conversations need to happen. Investigate employee issues and conflicts and bring them to resolution.
- Coordinate Employee Separation Process.
- Ensure the organization’s compliance with local, state, and federal regulations (e.g., EEO FMLA, ADA, etc.) and ensures work safety.
- Maintain employee records in paper and electronic format as appropriate.
- Gather data for the Affirmative Action Plan.
- Prepare Yearly Total Compensation Statements for the staff.
- Gather data for annual Profit-Sharing audit.
- Prepare monthly and annual IRS 945 report.
- Coordinates with Compliance officer to setup online training for all employees.
- Develops and maintains several reports in spreadsheets and database files.
- Knowledgeable of bank policies, procedures, and regulations
- Attend training on other bank/job related topics
- Knowledge of HR and Labor laws
- Education: A college degree in Human Resources Management or Business or equivalent work experience
- Experience: minimum of 5 years’ experience Human Resources or equivalent experience
- Detail oriented
- Candidate must be a people person
- Candidate must act professionally at all times
- Able to handle confidential information
- Proficient at Microsoft Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Computer savvy: able to learn new software quickly
- Self-motivated and persistent in following through
- An independent, quick learner
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Problem solver
- Independent decision maker within authority limits
Works directly for SVP Human Resource and indirectly with all employees and department managers.
Conform to the Bank’s core values which are:
- Exceptional Customer Service- Everyone matters, always.
- Family Driven- Ours, yours, we put family first.
- Community Focused- Our communities are the backbone of our business.
- Communication- Open, clear, and honest communication is key.
- Teamwork- Individuals working together to achieve a common goal
- Office environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to type, carry, handle, and feel objects; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and more with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Occasionally exposed to upset customers when performing normal activities and other banking services.
*The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This document is intended to describe the general content and performance requirements of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements and does not imply a contract.
To apply for this position, please submit resume by email to Diana Borgialli – SVP Human Resources @ firstname.lastname@example.org
First Northern Bank of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender, identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.