Location: Sheridan, WY
Underwrite and evaluate Conventional, FHA, VA and RD residential mortgage loan applications to provide quality loans for the First Northern Bank’s secondary market investors.
Responsible for the credit risk on all loans. Underwriter is responsible for the review and evaluation of loan files and will make decisions on the files consistent with First Northern Bank lending policies and all appropriate program guidelines. Must possess and use extensive industry, product, and Secondary Market knowledge to ensure compliance with regulatory and investor standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Examine residential mortgage loan applications for accuracy and completeness
- Ensure that all agency, investor, and or private insurer’s guidelines and overlays are strictly enforced
- Review automated underwriting findings and loan files for adherence to requirements
- Determine whether credit, income and source of funds are stable and adequate for repayment and meet all applicable guidelines
- Evaluate property to determine adequacy of collateral and adherence to all agency and/or investor requirements
- Review title information for accuracy and adherence with all agency and/or investor requirements
- Approve or reject loans based on findings and file documentation
- Ensure compliance with government regulations and bank policies
- Maintain current underwriting knowledge for all agency, investor and private insurers
SECONDARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively support the goals of the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) in the development and implementation of new lending programs
- Assist in development of consistent underwriting, quality control and compliance testing procedures throughout the banks’ mortgage lending operations
- Participate in community involvement activities
- Train real estate staff
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and three to five years’ Real Estate underwriting experience.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
Accurate keyboarding and 10-key skills required. Computer experience required with Windows software experience preferred. Ability to set priorities and work in an organized manner. Ability to perform multiple tasks with great attention to detail. Ability to work under pressure with limited supervision. Ability to meet and deal with the public and co-workers in a friendly, professional manner. Accurate typing skills, computer experience and good telephone voice.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
This position requires compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results. FHA DE status, VA LAPP approval.
Pay Range: $60,000 – $100,000 plus excellent benefit package
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
First Northern Bank of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender, identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.