Bank Account and Transaction Questions

What forms of identification and information do I need to open a new account?

You will need the following information:

  • First name, middle initial and last name
  • Social security number
  • Date of birth
  • Mailing and physical address
  • Home telephone number
  • Employer
  • Two forms of identification, one must include photo (i.e. drivers license, state ID, passport)
  • US citizen (yes/no), and if not, country of citizenship

For business accounts, you will need the previous information for each authorized user on the account(s) in addition to the following:

  • EIN Number of the business/entity
  • Incorporating documents (as applicable)

Can First Northern Bank of Wyoming count my coins?

Yes, coin counting is free to our customers and a nominal fee is charged for non-customers.

Are there any discounts available for students or seniors?

Yes, First Northern Bank of Wyoming provides free checking accounts to current students and customers over the age of 55. Contact our account representatives or visit our Personal Checking page for further details.

My account has an unauthorized monthly/one time charge from a merchant that I just noticed. What should I do?

Notify First Northern Bank of Wyoming immediately. Have the date and dollar amount of transaction available when you contact us. We will review your claim and have you fill out an affidavit of unauthorized use. You must notify the bank within 60 calendar days of the bank sending you a statement in order to avoid liability for subsequent transfers.

A vendor continues to make an automatic withdrawal from my checking account even though I've canceled the service. What can I do?

You can attempt to contact the vendor directly or you can contact us and we will review your claim and have you fill out an affidavit of unauthorized use.

Can the Bank place a stop payment on an electronic funds transfer (EFT)?

Yes. To do this, we must be notified at least three business days before the transfer is scheduled to be made. We may require written confirmation of this request within 14 days.

Money was wired to me, but it isn't in my account. What can I do?

Please contact the party that wired the funds to you. Ask them to notify their bank that the funds were not received.

Money was wired from my account to another party, but that party did not receive the money. What can I do?

Notify us immediately so that we may investigate your claim. You may contact us by phone, but we may require a written follow up.

What is FDIC deposit insurance?

FDIC stands for Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, which is an independent agency of the U.S. government that protects funds deposited in Banks. FDIC insurance is backed by the full faith and credit of the United States government.

FDIC insurance covers all deposit accounts at First Northern Bank of Wyoming, including checking and savings accounts, money market deposit accounts and certificate of deposits (CDs).

However, there are FDIC limitations to the amount of funds that are insured. The limit of FDIC coverage you can obtain is calculated on account ownership. Contact one of our new account representatives, or visit the Deposit Insurance section of the FDIC's website for more details.

Debit and Credit Cards

What is the difference between debit cards and credit cards?

Our debit cards can be used everywhere VISA credit cards are accepted. The major difference is where the cards get the money. A debit card takes it from your account at First Northern Bank of Wyoming, whereas a credit card charges it against your available line of credit that you have been approved for that you repay on a monthly basis.

How do I get a credit card?

Applicants must apply with one of our bank representatives. If approved, we will issue you a card through First Northern Bank of Wyoming.

Does First Northern Bank of Wyoming offer merchant accounts?

Yes we do offer merchant accounts. We invite you to contact one of our representatives for further details. We can offer a free price comparison to see if our service can save your business money.

Where can I use my ATM/debit card?

Your card can be used at virtually any ATM across the country and worldwide. However, keep in mind that if you don't use one of First Northern Bank's ATMs, some fees may apply. Additionally, your debit card may be used anywhere VISA credit cards are accepted.

Do any of First Northern Bank's accounts include a debit card with no monthly service fee?

Yes, all of our checking accounts include a debit card at no additional charge.

My ATM/debit card has been lost or stolen. What should I do?

You should notify First Northern Bank as soon as possible, preferably within two business days, to limit liability to you. During non-business hours, call (888) 833-3455.

Convenience Services

Does First Northern Bank of Wyoming provide online banking?

Yes, First Northern Bank provides secure, convenient, online banking and mobile banking with free bill paying, transfers, check images and account history, in addition to many other useful services. Contact our account representatives for further details or click here to learn more.

Does First Northern Bank of Wyoming provide telephone banking?

Yes, First Northern Bank provides secure, convenient, telephone banking by calling toll free (877) 684-3622.

Does First Northern Bank of Wyoming provide overdraft protection for my account?

Yes, if you apply for and are approved for overdraft protection, it can be used to cover overdrafts from your checking account. Some fees may apply, contact your local Bank for more information.

You may also set up sweep accounts to help cover overdrafts. The sweep will pull money from any of your other deposit accounts and put the money into your designated account.

How can I find First Northern Bank's routing number (also known as ABA Number)?

The Bank routing number is located at the bottom left corner of your checks and consists of nine digits. Please contact us if you need further information or have difficulty locating this information.

I need a duplicate copy of my bank statement, or other account records. Who should I contact?

This information is available for free with our online banking service. If you need assistance or are unable to locate what you need, simply contact us. Some fees may apply.

Identity Theft and Fraud

I believe I have been a victim of identity theft. What should I do?

As soon as possible, contact the fraud department of any one of the three major credit bureaus to place a fraud alert on your credit file. Close the accounts that you believe have been tampered with. File a police report and retain a copy to submit to your creditors and others that may require proof. Finally, file your complaint with the Federal Trade Commission by calling toll free 1-877-ID-THEFT.

Additionally, notify us immediately to flag your account as compromised.

A company sent me a check that supposedly was for lottery winnings or some other payment. The company told me to cash the check and return some of the money to cover processing fees. What should I do?

DO NOT cash the check. If you do, you may be responsible for the entire amount of the fraudulent check. Never accept a check from someone you don't know and never respond to any offer that asks you to pay for a prize or a gift. If you think you have been targeted by a scam, you should file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) by calling toll free 1-877-ID-THEFT.